Services for patients
Infertility and Gynecological Laparoscopic Star Fertility Center
Everyone wishes a perfect family, father mother and kids, but many couples encounter the difficulty of having a baby. Although infertility is not an illness it is the troublesome problem of many couples. The Infertility Star Center of Seriruk hospital was founded to find out the answer to this issue. We have the specialist of infertility to correct and solve the botheration. Our Star center consists of hi-tech equipments which are hi-class to provide you the best treatment. Let us take care of you.
When should you go to meet us?
Couples who have not been using birth control method at least for one year but have regular sexual activities are considered as in the infertility condition if they cannot get pregnant.
When you come to the Star Center, the doctor will find out the cause. In general, there are 3 possibilities
1. No ovulation
2. The occlusion of Vas deferens or there is fascia in the pelvic cavity.
3. Low sperm count
The physician will determine the appropriated treatment after finding out the origin of the cause. Ovulation induction drugs will be prescribed to the females who have ovulation problem. Laparoscopic surgery or intrauterine insemination can be applied. If the patient can’t get pregnant even use every method. We offer you the most modern technology to get the achievement.
- IUI (intrauterine insemination): The doctor collects sperm on the same day of the ovulation day, and injects the healthy sperm into the uterus; this technique gives the patient more opportunity of fertilization
- GIFT (gamete intrafallopian transfer): The doctor gets the egg and sperm to fertilize then puts the fertilized egg back into the uterus
- IVF (In-VitroFertilization): After stimulation of ovulation, the doctor collects the eggs and let them fertilize with sperms. When the cell division phase reaches 4-8 cells, the blastocyst are transferred into the uterus.
- ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection): This technique is useful for the male who has low sperm count that incapable of egg fertilizing or there is no sperm even the testis still produces the sperm, the doctor picks up a single sperm with a fine glass needle and inject directly into the egg before transferring back into the uterus.
- LAS (Laser Assisted Hatching): This method which helps the embryo to hatch and to implant more easily. The pregnancy rate is higher especially for the IVF which has this kind of problem.
LAS is appropriated for the patient aged older than 37 or the IVF-failure patient. The Laser technology is applied to penetrate the zona pellucid of the blastocysyt.
HSG uses a radiography technique to examine the uterine tube to find the abnormalities or obstruction of the uterine tube which is the cause of infertility. The opaque substance is injected into the uterine cavity and takes the photo of radiation process.
- The staff makes an appointment for the patient the patient 7-10 days after the last day of period
- Having meal as usual
- Should not miss the appointment, In case of cancellation, the next visit must be delayed until the next period
- Change the clothes
- Urinate before the examination
- Lying on back and knees up.
- The radiologist cleans the vagina area.
- The radiologist puts the instrument and injects the opaque substance thru vagina and takes the photo in order to examine reproductive organs.
- When the film quality checking is completed, the cloth changing is allowed.
- The patient may have bleeding, so you should wear sanitary napkin 2-3 days.
- The patient may have bellyache. Analgesic drug can be used to relieve pain.
- Cease sexual intercourse 2-3 days after examination
- If severe bleeding occurs or severe bellyache, go to see doctor immediately.
Recommendation of contrast media injection
- Prepare a sanitary napkin (use after examination)
- Stop having sexual activity in the after the period. You should call for a new appointment,
- Call for booking the injection of media contrast at obstetric gynecology counter 02-9074410 (time of injection 8 am – 3 pm)
- Estimated price is 5000 Baht (can be changed)